I was in the baking mood yesterday so I cooked up these delicious cookies. I kinda just threw the recipe together, but I was very happy with the outcome. Sometimes I still surprise myself!
Since I am still trying to stick to the Paleo way, (I say trying because it's a bit hard during the holidays) you can say these cookies are not bad for you and actually gluten free!
What you'll need:
-3 cups of almond meal
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 mashed banana
-1/2 cup of coconut oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients
3. In a small bowl mash a ripe banana
4. Add eggs and beat, then add syrup & vanilla. Mix well.
5. Melt coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave
6. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With a teaspoon drop the cookie dough on the sheet. I was able to get 4 rows of 3- twice.
8. Bake for 15-20 min depending on how brown you like them. Cool and enjoy.
I loved them! It was the first time I made them, but I must say I am proud of my little recipe. The kids can't eat these because of their tree nut allergy, but Luis, my neighbor and I enjoyed these very much!
Hope you do too! If you try them, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Have a great Wednesday!